Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Side Note

Many of you have commented on the way videos are "acting" on the blog.

I am now hosting some of my videos via YouTube, so you are actually clicking on an embedded link to an external site.  I would not recommend clicking on any of the "suggested" videos that are displayed after my videos are done playing, as I can't promise it won't contain questionable material.  Just YouTube's way of getting more site traffic, I suspect.

Why the change?  Well, as video cameras get better and better movie quality, Blogger has not upped their maximum data allowance per video upload.  Most videos I take these days exceed those limits.  Incredibly frustrating.  Often times my absences from blogging are because I got so peeved at Blogger over not being able to share something, or because I waited for DAYS for something to upload, only to be told there was an error.  RAR.

It's still a drag having to upload them elsewhere and maintain a second account (because I still have concerns over privacy and how to protect it), but that frustration is much less than NOT being able to share great videos with our faithful fans.  :)

If any of my fellow Blogger / YouTube users have any suggestions on how to do this more seamlessly, please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if this is any help, but I know that you can make private accounts on YouTube - I am not sure if that would still allow you to post them here though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've probably noticed that I switched to using youtube as well. I did it for the same reason. I usually classify the videos on you tube as private (anyone with link can see). I suppose that's no different than how they were before on the blog because my blog isn't private. One thing I've noticed is that the more videos I have on my youtube account, the more likely it is that other videos of the girls will pop up at the end instead of random stuff from youtube. It's def. not ideal, but the video quality is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction, I make my videos "unlisted" on youtube.

    ReplyDelete