Monday, March 29, 2010

Seven Months!

Yesterday was the Doubleshot's "Seven-Twelfths Birthday", as a lady wished us at the fabric store. (And, yes, I was giddy that she spoke to me in fractions. Be still, my heart.)

As chance would have it, we had an appointment for vaccinations today, where we got our new stats. Both girls are now 24.8 inches long (tall?). Anni weighed in at 13.45 lbs, just under the 5th percentile. Elli weighed in a 15 lbs exactly, right around the 10th percentile. The girls finally weigh enough to get the full infant dose of Tylenol! And, we're slowly adding some of our 3-6 month clothing items into our rotation. We're also phasing in Step 2 diapers (but since we buy diapers by the case, this will take awhile). Just yesterday I was able to put the girls in the first outfits Luke and I bought for them, which had been intended for leaving the hospital. Ha!

It's been a big month. We quit Daddy cold-turkey, so I decided to do away with swaddling and immediately-rushing-to-crying-babies cold-turkey. Whoa. I was surprised how easily the girls adapted. They are waking up less (only 1 time to nurse at night) and sleeping from 7pm to 7am, - often longer. Elli quickly began favoring her side for sleeping and sometimes flips to her belly.

They can entertain themselves longer now, and have more "independent" activity time. When I am around, they study my face and my mouth particularly. Anni "talks" quite a bit, her favorite word being "gheeeeee". Elli prefers to just make noises with her lips. She is quite accomplished at motor-boating, blowing raspberries, and general spitting. They think my whistling is something special, and my singing "Boom Boom Boom" by the Black Eyed Peas funny.

The girls are both fine-tuning their motor skills. They are grabbing smaller and smaller items with more accuracy. Their hands are so fascinating to them. And, if a binky falls out, it is much easier to grab sister's than it would be to search for one's own. I often look up to discover they've swapped pacifiers, or that one of them is brandishing both in their hands.

Sitting happens for very short periods on their own, but they prefer me to brace them, so I think they fall over intentionally. They can stand and tap dance so well that I'm wondering if they might just skip the whole crawling thing and start running. For now, Elli rolls all around to explore. Anni is more of an observer. Where Anni thinks, Elli does. There are definitely distinct personality traits coming to light, which I will elaborate on in another post.

Anni "Laughing" & Elli "Dancing"

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I LOVE Elli's dancing! Makes me want to do a jig right along with her...okay, maybe that is a bit extreme, but it is very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Elli's dancing skills!

    ReplyDelete