Thursday, March 18, 2010

Elli's Laws of Motion

Today, Elli put the final touches on the research she has been conducting in her laboratory (high-chair). Like Newton, Kelvin, Heisenberg and others who dedicated their lives to understanding the principles of our universe, Elli has dedicated her life, thus far, to adapting Newton's Laws (obviously flawed) to her world. She even added a 4th law, which has undergone many iterations.

I give you Elli's Laws of Motion:


1. In the absence of me, my toy stays in one place and it is boring.

2. When I throw my toy, it's acceleration to the floor is directly related to how cool the toy is, how excited I am that I was actually able to grasp it, and how many people are in my audience.

3. Whenever my toy hits something - for the sake of science, let's call this thing "Anni" - "Anni" responds with a cry or scream of equal (yet totally blown out of proportion) intensity.

4. Iteration 1: Whenever my toy disappears, it reappears immediately in the presence of a parental unit.
4. Iteration 2: Whenever my toy disappears, it reappears when the parental unit thinks I'm not paying attention.
4. Iteration 3: Whenever my toy disappears, it never comes back again. (I suspect that it is sucked into the black hole that mommy gets sucked into whenever she leaves my sight.)

Hopefully, Elli and "Anni" will soon discover the Laws of Object Permanence.

2 comments: