Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swagger

swag.ger \'swag-ger\ -noun :
the confidence exuded while walking as a reflection of one's dress, shoes, game, attitude, and poise
(cited and summarized from urbandictionary.com)

Oh, I've got swagger. It's not a penguin waddle; it's swagger, people.

I've always had game (haha), but I knew I was developing swag a few months ago when walking on the treadmill felt a little strange. Now the common man is beginning to recognize, yo.

I present to you the evidence of my swagger from the past 3 days:

One. Today was the first time I was asked when I was due by a complete stranger.

Two. A lovely little elderly woman asked if I needed assistance carrying my 2 little plastic bags of groceries (containing only 3 items) to the car.

Three. I was told by a gentleman at 8:30am that it was too hot for me to be out and about.

Four. I've been hit on twice. Once at the gym by a man overly interested in my Klean Kanteen. Once by the boys in the outdoor department at Lowe's.

I think the belly button sticking out (and the tank tops I've resorted to in the heat) have been clutch in establishing my prego swagger. Word?

If you'd like more information on swagger, please consult Jay-Z. Peace, gangstas.

2 comments:

  1. This is too funny! Leave it to you, A$, as to equate a piece of your pregnancy to walking like a rap star. You are going to be a cool Mom who fights the girls for the computer to download the newest songs from Itunes first:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Halarious! Honestly, she should write for a magazine. She got game in wordsmithing." - Wayne in regards to this post and the baseball bat theory post

    ReplyDelete