Monday, June 22, 2009

Prim, Proper and the Pox

Today I had my third ultrasound. Aren't I lucky? I get another in 4-6 weeks. I will tell you that these pictures aren't the greatest. Don't get too excited.

The girls have tripled in size since I last saw them. Baby B is 1 lb 7 oz and Baby A is 1 lb 5 oz, which is great because their weight differential is less than 20%. Their heartbeats were 144 and 145 bpm, as you can see from these chest shots.



All of the action my right side has been getting (and the corresponding back cramping) makes a lot more sense after seeing where the girls are hanging out. Baby A really hasn't changed position at all. She is still head-down, feet-up, on my right side. Baby B, on the other hand, has her head up on top of Baby A's feet (just under my rib cage) with her feet stretching horizontally over to my left. Girls, there is a lot of real estate over on my left side... please take advantage.

Unfortunately, everyone was being very shy. Both girls had their hands over their faces and their legs clamped shut. So, no pics of girly bits here today. The best part of the appointment was watching Baby A repeatedly kick Baby B in the face across the membrane. And, here we thought Baby A would have the more reserved personality. She'll probably be the one who instigates everything but never gets caught...

I did get a little glimpse of Baby B's face. The whitest part of the image is her nose, and her lips are on the right. You can see one eye and just the shadow of the other. An ear shot is all we got on Baby A, with her arm up over her face. I think that's Luke's ear... Mine have folds on top. :)



As for me, I have put on 6 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm not sure how entirely accurate that is, considering my current water-retention situation. However, if that level of growth keeps up, I will hit my 50 pound weight-gain goal! Holy crisis! In total, I've put on 26 lbs and 12 inches on the waist. Major downer: I have had a prego rash creeping everywhere for about 4 months that is SO itchy. The doc says it is similar to chicken pox. But it is not contagious, or a danger to me and the girls, so I just have to wait for it to disappear spontaneously after the birth. If that's as complicated as things get, I'll take it. Calamine lotion is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment